Date of entry: June 13, 2008
Member of AICESIS
Member of ILO
The National Tripartite Social and Economic Council of Ukraine (Національна тристороння соціально-економічна рада) was established on proposal of All-Ukrainian trade unions, employer associations, and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine as an advisory and consultative body at the President of Ukraine consisting of representatives of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, All-Ukrainian trade unions and their associations, and All-Ukrainian associations of employer organizations in accordance with the Decree of the President of Ukraine dated December 29, 2005, No. 1871 On the Development of Social Dialog in Ukraine.
The operation of the National Council is based on the following principles:
- equality and parity of the parties to the social dialog;
- openness, voluntariness, and constructiveness of the social dialog;
- priority of conciliation procedures and compromise solutions;
- mandatory implementation of the achieved agreements and adopted decisions.
Goals and objectives
- enhancing the role of trade unions and employer organizations and their associations in the development of economic and social policies of the government;
- further development of social dialog as one of the main factors for social stability, development of the civil society, prevention of social conflicts.
- facilitating the harmonization of positions of the parties to the social dialog concerning the ways of further development of the social and economic and labor relations, making agreements on the regulation of such relations;
- development and submission of proposals to the President of Ukraine on issues of development and implementation of the state social and economic policies.
- develop a consolidated position of social dialogue on the strategy of economic and social development of Ukraine and ways of solving existing problems in this area;
National Council authorized:
- submit the proposals on the regulation of relations in economic, social and labor sphere, approved its decisions, the President of Ukraine, Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, central and local executive bodies, local authorities, employers, trade unions and their organizations and associations;
- delegate their representatives to participate in the consideration of executive bodies,
trade unions, employers and their associations on social and economic policy and labor relations;
- receive in due course from the executive and local authorities, employers, trade unions and their organizations and associations, enterprises, institutions and organizations information necessary to perform its tasks;
- cooperate with the social dialogue of other countries and international organizations.
examination carried out 286 bills;
- designed and implemented a modular training program for the tripartite partners on social dialogue;
- organized training seminars for representatives of regional tripartite economic and social councils and a number of seminars, meetings and workshops together with the projects of the International Labour Organization;
- developed action plan to overcome the effects of financial crisis, which was approved by the Government;
- established bilateral relations with the European Economic and Social Committee, socio-economic councils of France, Belgium, Poland, Russian Federation;
Lesya Ukrainka Blvd, 26 – Office 331 – KIEV 0133 (UKRAINE)
Date of creation
December 29 2005
Nature of the texts that create the ESC (Constitution, law, decree, etc.)
Presidential Decree No. 1871, December 29 2005
For now in reorganization, process because of adoption of law «About social dialog in Ukraine» № 2862-VI, december 23 2010.
Consultation and advisory
National Council performs an advisory, consultative and approval functions by developing common positions and recommendations or proposals on social dialogue such as:
- creation and implementation of national economic and social policy, labor regulation, economic, social relations;
- legislative and other legal acts on social and economic policy and labor relations, state economic and social development, and other public purpose programs;
- state standards and pay levels;
- main economic and social indicators of the State Budget of Ukraine for the year;
- ratification of the International Labour Organisation conventions, international agreements and EU regulations on matters relating to the rights of workers and employers by Ukraine;
- creating a favorable environment for social dialogue, effective business entities
- for trade unions and employers' organizations and their interaction with other civil society;
- implementation of international and domestic experience of organization of activities in social dialogue.
ILO Type Tripartite G, W, E
Number of members : 60 members
Employers Organizations: 20
Trade Unions Organizations: 20
The National Council has a trilateral structure of representation of the parties to the social dialog, namely, 22 delegates each from the government, All-Ukrainian trade unions and their associations, and All-Ukrainian associations of employer organizations.
The Council is headed by three co-chairmen, which are at the same time the coordinators of the parties.
The highest governing body between meetings of the Council is the Presidium consisting of the Chairman of the National Council, co-chair of the National Council, their deputies and the secretary of the National Council.
Organizational, informational, methodological and logistical support of the National Council is responsibility of The Secretariat, which headed by the secretary of the National Council.
Equal or More than 10%
Approximately 13% women
cabinet of president
Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine on the formation and implementation of national economic and social policy, labor regulation, economic, and social relations.
|Social Security and social protection|| |
social Security Disability
|Employment policy and labour market regulation|| |
subsistence and employment
|Financial and Economic Policies|| |
social and economic aspects of the State Budget of Ukraine for 2007 - 2011 years
|Fiscal and Taxation Policies|| |
|Social Dialogue and tripartism|| |
20 information and methodological materials about organization of social dialogue
|Social Affairs|| |
additional guarantees to persons who have adopted children
|Productivity and competitivity|| |
Committee on economic development and enterprise: Competitiveness of the domestic economy
|Employment policy and labour market regulation and reform|| |
Committee on employment and labor market: Compliance for development employment and labor market
|Civil Society|| |
Committee on civil society development and international relations
|Social Affairs|| |
Committee on social and humanitarian policy