Date of entry: June 10, 2005
Mission and attributions
• contribute to improving the functioning of its members, to strengthen their capacity and to extend their competence,
• establish or strengthen conditions for effective involvement of economic and social councils and similar institutions in the development process and the national, regional and international consultation,
• promote the general concept of economic and social councils and encourage the creation of similar institutions in all member countries of the Francophonie,
• promote understanding between francophone countries for the development of coherent and sustainable economic, social and cultural entities, in order to promote dialogue between all the representatives of civil society in member countries,
• promote discussion of topics of common interest within their jurisdiction based on a democratic dialogue between economic, social and cultural actors of the countries,
• organize regular meetings and conferences on the OIF and UN working topics,
• establish privileged relations with the Union of Economic and Social Councils of Africa (UCESA), the International Association of Economic and Social Councils and Similar Institutions (AICESIS), the UN Economic and Social Committee (ECOSOC), any similar institution in the world with a consultative nature and any other regional or sub-regional similar international organization, as well as other French institutional networks.
Best practices: Training for executives from the Council members who wish to improve their professional skills in three areas: "administrators and people in charge of study or drafting opinions, studies and reports” (27 to 01/31/2014); “Budgetary and financial managers” (17-21.03.2014); “responsible for communication and enhancement of work” (19-23.05.2014).
33-1 44 43 60 43
9 Place d’Iéna, 75016 Paris